What To Do If You Are Passed a Book

Add your petition and pass the book onto someone who will do the same. Please send the book back when full or if you have no one you can pass it to. The deadline of April 1. 2011, is to avoid the postal increase set to happen mid April. Send it back even if you miss the deadline. By putting the Petition Box Project address as the return address also, the additional postage will be covered on this end.

Sunday, February 6, 2011

In the End

When I tell people about my project, their mind races to 'end' and "What if something happens to the books?" I can only say that something IS happening to the books. This particular project is about the process and a reframing of what the 'product at the end' really is. It is not so much about getting from beginning to end, but what happens in between.

We are collaboratively writing a book, sharing thoughts and human connection. Each book is handed from one person to another. A petition, prayer, thought, observation is shared. A tangible, unique, human mark  is made, the story grows. I am dropping a pebble in my pond and watching the ripples move into yours. Each participant creates more ripples, like rain drops falling on water. I  trust that the need for making ripples is not just my penchant but yours as well.

That being said, I would also like them all to make their way back to me. It's exciting to ponder the creative collaborative process as it is happening and let go of what 'getting to the end' looks like. In the end, whatever that looks like, we have connected and written that story into being.

No comments:

Post a Comment