What To Do If You Are Passed a Book

Add your petition and pass the book onto someone who will do the same. Please send the book back when full or if you have no one you can pass it to. The deadline of April 1. 2011, is to avoid the postal increase set to happen mid April. Send it back even if you miss the deadline. By putting the Petition Box Project address as the return address also, the additional postage will be covered on this end.

Monday, August 23, 2010

It's a Go

Unbelievable! It turns out I had met Beth about 2 weeks before, at a YANEO function for visiting Turkish artist Serpil Sevgen, (a teacher and artist who does traditional Turkish marbling),  to introduce her to the arts in Cleveland. I had spent about 30 minutes talking to Beth and Executive Artistic Director Raymond Bobganand, never connecting the dots that the Cleveland Public Theatre they were talking about was the one I had submitted my initial proposal to. I didn't know whether to feel stupid or blessed????

The meeting went well. She showed me the possible spaces for my installation. One was huge but not much foot traffic, the other not quite right. On a lark, she showed me the break room in the Parish Hall. It had great light, and 2 windows. That was it.

Now down to the business of figuring out just what I was going to do. The entrance to the building was interesting, too. My room was half a flight up, the possibility of dangling things over the other half of flight down was interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment