What To Do If You Are Passed a Book

Add your petition and pass the book onto someone who will do the same. Please send the book back when full or if you have no one you can pass it to. The deadline of April 1. 2011, is to avoid the postal increase set to happen mid April. Send it back even if you miss the deadline. By putting the Petition Box Project address as the return address also, the additional postage will be covered on this end.

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Cost, Value and Worth

I have been working on creating an edition of 100 Petition Box books with coptic bindings for some time now. They are really sweet little books. The pages are made from the ridiculous amount of paper that comes into my life. Most of the materials I use are what is already a part of day to day living. The largest cost is for the return envelopes and stationary, but the per book cost is relatively little. Yet, my time in making each book is quite extensive. I haven't really figured out exactly what it is, but if I were charging my design rate, even I wouldn't pay that much for one. Which made me think about the relationship(s) between cost, value and worth... actual, relative and arbitrary come to mind. The gaps between them so large their meanings seem ridiculous.

Here are some petitions from Cleveland, OH










And some from RIT, in Rochester:



No comments:

Post a Comment