What To Do If You Are Passed a Book

Add your petition and pass the book onto someone who will do the same. Please send the book back when full or if you have no one you can pass it to. The deadline of April 1. 2011, is to avoid the postal increase set to happen mid April. Send it back even if you miss the deadline. By putting the Petition Box Project address as the return address also, the additional postage will be covered on this end.

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

What Was I Thinking?

I'mg starting to loose my train of thought and time is going faster now. What was it I was trying to do??????? I wouldn't say I am panicking, more like sorting out my thoughts, going through those notes I jotted down, a lot less leisurely.

I find doing collage by juxtaposing magazine imagery a useful way to pick threads and see what comes loose in my thinking and understanding. There's a literal and figurative implication to materials, and collage allows them to push and pull each other around. Seems like small collages that have fronts and backs might be a good way to create questions and tension. Leaving just enough space to walk through and be bumped by, like all the random bits and bites of sound around us, demanding our attention. It's like translating sound into imagery.

Did some test imagery scratching out words, using sharpie markers, opening up possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment